1965 C Coupe Updated May 2018
For Sale by
- Posted in 356 Cars
• Original Ruby Red with black leatherette. Painted and refurbished including new windshield, misc. seals, interior in 2001
• SC engine case with big bore P&C done in 2003, all bearings, pistons, cylinder heads, flywheel seal replaced (rebuilt by Wayne Baker's shop)
• Features include: Porsche VDM steering wheel, chromed steel wheels with crested hubcaps, electric fuel pump, dual master brake cylinder, 6V Optima Red Top battery with vintage-look battery cover, headlight and starter relays installed, correct Bosch 022 distributor with points and condenser, electric SC tachometer, Hella 128 foglights, LED third brake light, original owner’s manual, partial toolkit, tall 4th gear ( drops RPM by 500 at highway speeds ), carburetors upgraded to Solex 40PII-4 with correct Knecht air filters, Certificate of Authenticity
• New parts in 2016 and 2017 include: steering coupler, clutch spring plate, throw-out bearing, bushings and bearing fork, heater control cables, oil filter, generator bearing, Bosch re-built starter
• Regular maintenance including fluids and valve adjustments
• Exterior detailing prior to Concours participation, 2015 Elkhart Lake Fall Vintage Festival
• Driven from San Diego CA to MN in 2014. Maintained by Wayne Baker from 1984-2014, 1983 12 Hrs of Sebring Winner and Porsche-trained expert.
• 3-time participant in the 500-mile Walleye 1000 Vintage Rally in MN and WI.
A friend of mine drove the car to Road America in July 2017 and here is Part One of his story: http://daveknowscars.com/2017/09/03/porsche-356-roadtrip-weathertech-international-challenge-vintage-races-road-america-part/
Part Two is here: http://daveknowscars.com/2017/09/12/porsche-356-roadtrip-weathertech-international-challenge-vintage-races-road-america-part-ii/
Additional photos at https://www.flickr.com/gp/43831794@N02/edc726
This car is sorted and a very nice driver. Includes a cloth dust cover and battery tender.
Location: Stillwater, MN
Click here to contact
Posted 12:29PM, Jul 25, 2017
Expires 5:01PM, Sep 10, 2018